As schools start back at the beginning of the summer term we are less than 3 weeks away from the KS2 SATS in Reading, Maths and Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling. Set out below are a few reminders.
|SATS - Reading|
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
|12th May 2014
13th May 2014
14th & 15th May 2014
|Teacher Assessments to be submitted to STA via www.education.gov.uk/ncatools site||By 27th June 2014|
|SATS results released on NCA tools site||8th July 2014|
|Threshold Tables available on www.education.gov.uk/ks2 site||8th July 2014|
|Test scrips back in school||By 8th July 2014|
|Applications for remarks to STA||By 18th July 2014|
|Statement of Intent published containing content of Performance Tables 2014||End Summer Term 2014|
|Outcomes of remarks notified||By 5th September 2014|
|Performance checking exercise||Early September 2014|
|RAISEonline unvalidated data||October 2014|
Floor Targets 2014
Schools will be considered to be under-performing if all of the following apply:
- Less than 65% of pupils gain L4+ in Reading, Writing and Maths
- Below the average (median – 2013 – 91%) made the expected 2 NC levels of progress in Reading
- Below the average (median – 2013 – 95%) made the expected 2 NC levels of progress in Writing
- Below the average (median – 2013 – 92%) made the expected 2 NC levels of progress in Maths
Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling will continue to be reported separately in 2014 and will not, as expected, be combined with the other core areas for reporting purposes or in terms of the floor targets – announced 27th March 2014.
Key Points/Changes to Remember
- Maths thresholds are expected to change more than usual in 2014 now that calculators are not being allowed in the L3-5 tests
- Level 6 results are to be shown separately in the Performance Tables this year
- Science sample testing recommences in June this year on a biennial basis
- This is the last year Optional Tests will be available for Y3, 4 and 5 pupils
- A “Catch-up” premium will be available in Y7 for pupils who are below L4 in Reading and/or Maths
Some key reports available from For Schools to support your analysis of KS2 data:
KS2 Data Service
Tables and charts summarising your KS2 data at school, subject and group level. Providing you with APS, Thresholds, Points Progress and Proportions making Expected and more than Expected Progress within 5 working days of you sending your results to us.
KS2 Data Analysis Report
Full written report with tables and charts analysing your KS2 data at school, subject and group level. The analysis resembles the key RAISEonline schedules (excluding VA) building to overall summaries of Attainment, Progress and Achievement and then a review of the schools performance against the latest Ofsted Achivement criteria.
The first element of this report is the KS2 Data Service and so the tables and charts can be with your school within 5 working days of us receiving your data, with the full written report by the beginning of the new school year.
And later in the Autumn Term if you you want to wait for RAISEonline to be published…
RAISEonline Analysis Report – KS1&2 or KS2 only
The key RAISEonline schedules are analysed and narrated building to an executive summary of Attainment, Progress and Achievement which is compared to the latest Ofsted Achievement criteria.