Full details of how KS2 results will be reported should be released in July in this year’s Statement of Intent from the DfE.
However it is already clear that a number of indicators will be changed:
- There will be no reporting of a combined English level (although it is not clear yet clear as to how VA scores will be calculated this year)
- The new grammar, punctuation and spelling test will be reported separately (not included in floor target below)
- The floor standard measure will be for at least 60% of pupils to attain L4 in reading, writing and maths. Rising to 65% in 2014.
- There will be 3 progress based floor standards where the expectation will be that schools will gain above average (median) percentages of pupils making expected progress ( 2 levels) in reading, writing and maths separately
- It is also the intention that the grammar, punctuation and spelling test will be part of the floor standards from 2014
Remember to be underperforming a school has to be below floor standards on all (4) measures.
Results will be published 9th July on the NCA tools website www.education.gov.uk/ncatools
Level threshold tables will be available on the same day on the DfE website www.education.gov.uk/ks2
The remark deadline is 19th July and schools will be informed of outcome by 6th September.
For Schools is again providing an a full KS2 analysis report over the summer to help schools understand their attainment and progress at school level. A similar service exists for KS1. Each report costs £395+vat – to order or for further information please call Andrew Best 07917 080201 or email email@example.com