Ensure appraisal delivers in your school and brings about positive changes to learner outcomes and staff development.
With schools under ever increasing pressure to deliver ever improving outcomes for learners and with each new Ofsted schedule being more demanding there has never been a more challenging time for schools. Appraisal can be a valuable tool to support school improvement and develop teachers’ professional expertise but is often underutilised and poorly managed in schools.
Our Practical Handbook for Staff Appraisal and Development will support you with:
- An overview of what effective appraisal looks like
- How to turn policy into practice
- Knowing the elements of effective appraisal
- Setting challenging objectives aligned to school priorities
- Collecting evidence to allow secure judgements to be made
- Conducting review meetings
- Capability procedures and underperforming staff
- Pay recommendations
- Developing teachers professionally
- All aspects of Headteacher appraisal
- The Toolkit – templates and forms for all appraisal components
The Handbook provides expert advice and guidance and all the necessary supporting documentation for use by Headteachers, school appraisal and CPD leads and teachers. It provides a step by step guide to each stage of the performance management process including the setting of challenging objectives, collecting evidence to support fair and substantiated reviews and the review process itself.
A valuable part of the Handbook is the Toolkit which includes a model appraisal policy, self-evaluation tools, and exemplar objectives with success criteria for teachers on different points on the pay scale and career level descriptors.
The proformas may be copied for use in school and an editable version will be supplied in Word format.
- Greater understanding of how to implement effective appraisal across the institution
- Will support consistency and confidence across the school with all aspects of appraisal
- Links well to other school improvement activities
- Prepared resources and templates of a high quality that will save time
- Supports Headteacher appraisal
The 98-page handbook is available to buy for £95+vat. To order or for more information please ring 0800 788 0444 or fill out the contact form.
For More Information Visit:
To Order or Enquire:
|All prices are exclusive of VAT|